Door Supervisors Qualification
HABC Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF)
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification before applying for a licence.
This accredited qualification has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the relevant SIA Specifications for Learning and Qualifications and provides the necessary skills and knowledge for learners who wish to apply for an SIA licence and work as a door supervisor within the private security industry.
The minimum contact hours for this qualification are 30 hours of the required 38 guided learning hours.
Subjects covered include:
- behavioural standards
- legislation relevant to the role
- search procedures
- powers of arrest
- recording incidents and crime scene preservation
- avoiding conflict and reducing personal risk
- conflict management
- reducing risk and communicating effectively
The qualification comprises four mandatory units:
- Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
- Unit 2 – Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 3 – Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 4 – Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry